CELL PHONE VIRUSES AND SECURITY
As cell phones become a part and parcel of our life so do the threats imposed to them is also on the increase. Like the internet, today even the cell phones are going online with the technologies like the edge, GPRS etc. This online network of cellphones has exposed them to the high risks caused by malwares viruses, worms and Trojans designed for mobile phone environment. The security threat caused by these malwares are so severe that a time would soon come that the hackers could infect mobile phones with malicious software that will delete any personal data or can run up a victim s phone bill by making toll calls.
All these can lead to overload in mobile networks, which can eventually lead them to crash and then the financial data stealing which poises risk factors for smart phones. As the mobile technology is comparatively new and still on the developing stages compared to that of internet technology, the anti virus companies along with the vendors of phones and mobile operating systems have intensified the research and development activities on this growing threat, with a more serious perspective.
plz can u send full report here
CELL PHONE VIRUSES AND SECURITY
Cell phones have become powerful and sophisticated computing devices and are moving toward an always on form of networking. However, such powerful networked computers are also at risk for a new class of malware, including viruses, worms and trojans specifically designed for a mobile environment. This seminars topic covers a taxonomy of attacks against mobile phones that shows known as well as potential attacks. Understanding existing threats against mobile phones helps us better protect our information and prepare for future dangers. Security experts are finding a growing number of viruses, worms, and Trojan horses that target cellular phones. Security researchers attack simulations have shown that before long, hackers could infect mobile phones with malicious software that deletes personal data or runs up a victim\'s phone bill by making toll calls. The attacks could also degrade or overload mobile networks, eventually causing them to crash, financial data stealing, and Risk factors for smart phones. Mobile-device technology is still relatively new, and vendors have not developed mature security approaches. An introduction to security concerns in mobile appliances. To counter the growing threat, antivirus companies have stepped up their research and development. In addition, vendors of phones and mobile operating systems are looking for ways to improve security. Recent innovations and emerging commercial technologies that address these issues are also incorporated in the topic.
– Make calls
– Send texts
– 21st century phone
– More functionality
– More private data
– More internet access
• Grater efficiency
Efficiency of phone
• Gets into the host’s phone via internet or from other phones
• Copies itself inside the phone
• Attaches itself to the files and programs
• Executes itself with out owner’s knowledge
• Needs user authentication
• Current actions
– Make calls to pay per minute numbers
– Accessing and modifying the data
– Prevent phone from booting
– Unwanted booting
– Drains phone’s battery
• Futuristic actions
– Location tracking
– Call tracking
– Leaking sensitive information
• Web download
• Memory card
• First verified mobile virus
• Developed in 2004 by a group named 29A
• Proof concept of mobile virus
– Platform : symbian 60
– Spread vector : bluetooth
– Tries to send itself to all bluetooth enabled devices
– Installs itself as a.SIS filename
– CARIBE is displayed on infected phone’s display, on rebooting
– Continue bluetooth scanning drains phone’s battery
– Does not spread if the user does not accept the file-transfer
– No real harms
• Current state is harmless
• Origin : RUSSIA
• Got world wide attention on 2005
• Spread vector : MMS and bluetooth
• Platform : symbian 60 Smartphone
• Sends infected files to phone’s contact
• Fastest spread virus
• Detected by F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus
• Platform : symbian OS
• Appears as a program to offer new wallpapers and icons
• Replaces all phone icons with images of a skull
• Renders all phone applications
• Infected phone can only make calls
Motives to create virus
• Gain wider attention
• New antivirus companies
• A computer program
• We should not accept files from unknown people without confirmation.
• We should not download suspicious files from internet.
• Installing antivirus programs makes good sense, especially if we want to keep our smart phones healthy.
• We simply need to be worried about the viruses that might make our mobile phone sick.
can u pls snd me the slides presentations of topic 'Cell Phone Virus and Security'.
i want a complete descruption on cell phone viruses n anti-vireses ....for seminaar ........
Michelle Bell assisted in the discovery of LifeCell Wrinkle Cream herself and saw the results quickly. She hasn’t taken any educational aspect into becoming a doctor or an Esthetician, but knew what all the celebrities were using to make their skin beautiful.