hey i need the documentation and uml diagrams of this project urgent
Title of the project
Development of a feature-rich, practical Online Survey Tool (OST)
Abstract of the project
This project is aimed at developing an online Survey Tool that is of importance to either an organisation or a college . The Online Survey Tool System (OST) is an Intranet based application that can be accessed throughout the organisation or a specified group/Dept. This system can be used to launch surveys (such as Hostel Feedback, Library Usage ) and record user responses. The surveys responses report is to be automated. There are features like email notifications of surveys, publishing of survey results, report generators etc in this system.
Generic Technlogy keywords
Databases, Open Source PHP Survey Tool, Programming
Specific Technology keywords
MS-SQL server, HTML, PHP , ASP
Project type keywords
Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, User Interface
Functional components of the project
Following is a list of functionalities of the system. More functionalities that you find appropriate can be added to this list. And, in places where the description of a functionality is not adequate, you can make appropriate assumptions and proceed.
All the employee/requestor of the organisation are legally the users of the OST System. Some of the users are admins and are approvers for launching a survey and publishing results. An approver can also be a requestor. In an organization, Surveys could be at the Organization level, Department level, Project/Individual level etc. For each of these, there has to be a provision where the end-users name or roll-no/emp-no. may or may not have to be captured. The approvers would be HRs , Dept HRs respectively, The approver is only a role, It could be granted to anybody.
1. A person should be able to
• login to the system through the first page of the application
• change the user details after logging into the system
• see the list of surveys for the Org/Dept respectively.
• see the results of survey, which he is supposed to see
• see the list of surveys history he/she has launched.
• create and submit a survey to the approver for launching
• user can withdraw his/her survey application (which has not been approved yet)
• cancel his/her survey (which has been already approved). This will need to be approved by his/her Superior
• get help about the OST system on how to use the different features of the system
2. As soon as a survey request in application /cancellation request /withdrawal /approval /rejection / is made by the person, an automatic email should be sent to the person and the approver giving details about the action
3. The number of days for a survey to be open can be set and e-mail notification regarding the same be sent to the target audience automatically.
4. A summary report of the survey results can be generated (eg in excel or word, or text)
5. Surveys will have any no of questions.
6. Answers to each of the question can be in a radio button or a checkbox but not both.
7. A calender giving the surveys of the organization/college should be available on the system
Steps to start-off the project
There are couple of alternatives to implement such a system.
A. Microsoft platform: The system is developed using Active Server Pages /PHP
as the front end and SQL Server as the back end.
B. Unix-based platform: HTML/PHP and Mysql or Postgress database
The following steps will be helpful to start off the project.
1. Study and be comfortable with technologies such as
a. Active Server Pages/HTML/PHP and SQL server.
b. Unix commands, Shell programming, C Programming, Tools like AWK etc.
Some links to these technologies are given in the ‘Guidelines and References’
section of this document
2. PHP Survey Tool is open source project. It can be downloaded for free.
Same project can be used to customise.And meet the requirements.
Please read through the licensing terms.
3. Make a database of people at different levels with their roles and form a hirearchy of them, like which role reports to which particular role. Decide on the various details of the people and their roles that would be stored in the database (like employee/registeration-number, name, grade, location, system-login, password in cryptic form, etc)
4. Assign a mail-admin who will create mail-ids for the people in the intranet. These mail-ids will be used for sending automatic notifications and reports. The mail-admin will also take care of assigning the logins to the users of the OST system
5. Since the real-time project needs to be tested in real-time, you can take ‘hours’ as ‘days’ for testing the system. However, the display will still be in ‘days’ only.
6. Create the front-page of the OST system giving a brief description about the system and a login box
7. Create the help-pages of the system in the form of Q&A. This will help you also when implementing the system
8. Create other sub-systems like automatic notification, screens for various functions (like apply,reject,cancel,withdraw etc)
i cant download the file computer science crazy provided, it says download moved
help urgently please
I want to download this project..
the link has expired...