Development of a Miles Acquisition System (MAS)
Miles Acquisition System (MAS) is a Web based application for a particular Airlines company. This application facilitates registering, updating, and utilization of miles for a Frequent Flier of its flights. The frequent flier should be able to login and key in all the details of his travel in their airlines. The application is accessible for the frequent fliers from the existing website of the airlines
Functional components of the project
The application should support:
1. Registration for a new flier.
2. Authentication of its users before usage of application.
3. Updating of miles by a frequent flier. The frequent flier will be able to accumulate miles maximum up to 5, 00,000.
4. Options to utilize the miles accumulated so far.
5. Once the miles are utilized, the corresponding miles will be deducted from the accumulated miles.
6. Report- History of miles utilization or Trend shown as a graph; from both end-user’s point of view and from the system managament point of view.
Steps to start-off the project
1. Go through some of the existing airlines websites.
2. Check how the miles-acquisition feature is presented in those sites.
3. Come up with a policy for frequent-flying (how many miles will entitle a frequent-flier to get what kind of a benefit etc)