i need ppt for this topic pls send me
Chethan Kumar R. 1VI04EC009
Naveen M.N. 1VI04EC024
Mallikarjuna Reddy K. 1VI04EC026
Srinivasa Reddy J. 1VI04EC068
Enhanced data for global evolution(EDGE) is a high speed mobile data standard,intended to enable second generation global system for mobile communication (GSM) and time division multiple access(TDMA).
Transmits data at up to 384 kilobits per second(Kbps)
I f the accuracy of the work done by any gadget is precision, and then the cost of manufacturing the gadget becomes directly proportional to it. This in turn decreases the end users affordability or adoptability to i t. In the coming decades, the quality of work will play the role in all the fields. Too considering the Medical field, the accuracy, time, precision, adoptability, user -friendly are al l to be considered. This parameters plays the most important to develop a gadget in Medical field. So these parameters measure the cost of the gadget developed. This direct increases the cost of usage to the end user. As far as the embedded is in action, al l the above noted parameters are brought into a single chip, too a tiny gadget which reduces the cost of manufacture, user friendly, adoptability , precision etc. As the gadget is reduced in its size but maintaining the end result with most advantages then a machine, i t makes the end users to use them at cheaper costs.
plz send me seminars report urgently
EDGE is an extension of GPRS.
The 4 GPRS Coding Schemes are extended with
9 new EDGE Modulation and Coding Schemes
What is EDGE for ?
Improves spectral efficiency
New EDGE Modulation & Coding Schemes
• GSM/GPRS uses GMSK modulation (Gaussian Modulated Shift Keying) and 4 Coding Schemes are defined in GPRS : CS1 to CS4.
• EDGE introduces a new modulation : 8PSK (8 Phase Shift Keying).
– 8PSK defines 8 states of the radio signal instead of 2 for GMSK.
– 3 bits can be coded with 8PSK instead of 1 for GMSK.
Backhaul Update for EDGE Throughput
• Higher coding schemes for increased user data throughput drives higher backhaul requirements.
• Backhaul increased in 64kbps (DS0) increments for Abis.
• Backhaul increased in 16kbps (¼ DS0) increments for Agprs.
• Main TS : 16k TS used for voice, data circuit and GPRS dedicated to one radio TS,
• Joker TS : each TDMA is associated to a set of 64K TS
– each 64k TS is divided in 16 k TS
– these 16k TS used only for EDGE,
– dynamically shared between all radio TS of the TDMA.
• Each radio frame is managed by :
– the main TS,
– n joker TS, according to
the PDU size.
– each joker frame indicates the associated main TS at each ccurrence
Cell throughput distribution
• Throughput highly depends on radio quality (distance from cell center and interferences).
Link Adaptation adapts the MCS based on those variable radio conditions
Till now there are mainly 4 generations observed in mobile technology.
These are 1G, 2G, 2.5G and 3G.
1G came as Advanced mobile system in 1983.
2G was introduced in 1998 in U.S.A.
3G was introduced in late 2008.
4G is still in development stage.
EDGE is a high speed mobile data standard.
Uses TDMA and follows GSM.
Transmits data at up to 384 kbits per second.
Builds on General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) air interface and networks
Uses Gaussian minimum-shift keying (GMSK).
Also uses higher-order phase shift keying (8PSK) for the upper five of its nine modulation and coding schemes.
EDGE produces a 3-bit word for every change in carrier phase.
EDGE enables operators to introduce 3G data applications into existing GSM networks.
Mobile Internet access