The eExam is a web based Online Examination System which will help in conducting the Online Examination. eExam has been developed for conducting multiple choice online test. It has got three sections -1.English, 2.Computer and 3.Mathematics with time limit for each section. The examinee will be able to take up the exam and he/she will also be able to view the results immediately after each section. The system also lets the examinee know about the correct and incorrect answers.
i want to know how the architecture will be in the e-exam ..
and the diagram of that ...
can i get full report on this eExam project
[attachment=4269]For more information about online examination with screen shots please check out thiss.......hope this will be useful to you!!!
Presented by :Neha Agarwal
Advisor : Dr. Shen
Why Online Exam?
Stored Repository of exams
General problem with time for students
Timed question not possible
Develop a system which allows the faculty to create, modify and store questions which can be grouped together to form sections and these sections can be grouped together to form tests/examinations.
Section and Questions are configurable
Allow Students to write the test when ever they want
Build test automatically based on the professor’s preferences
To design and develop the online examination system
To allow faculty to create questions. questions can have multiple options, multiple answers or can be text answers
To allow faculty to create sections. Sections can be timed, sections can have individual question timed , Each question in a section can have different marks. Same question in different sections can have different marks and time.
Sections can be random or sequential
To allow faculty to give additional time to students with disabilities.
To allow faculty to create tests and answer key.
To allow automatic grading and manual grading which can be recorded per test.
To create the application according to FERPA rules and regulations
Students should take the exam only once.
.net support only server side scripting
Completely data base driven application
Random generation of test question
Want more information on this project
1.1. Project Overview
This project assesses students by conducting online objective tests. The tests would be highly customizable. This project will enable educational institutes to conduct test and have automated checking of answers based on the response by the candidates.
The project allows faculties to create their own tests. It would enable educational institutes to perform tests, quiz and create feedback forms. It asks faculty to create his/her set of questions. Faculty then creates groups and adds related students into the groups. Further the tests are associated with specific groups so that only associated students can appear for the test. The result of the response would be available to the faculty of the question set. Further the result would also be mailed to the student. This project would be helpful for creating practice tests, say for educational institutes and as a feedback form.
• Responses by the candidates will be checked automatically and instantly.
• Online examination will reduce the hectic job of assessing the answers given by the candidates.
• Being an integrated Online Examination System it will reduce paper work.
• Can generate various reports almost instantly when and where required.
This project would be very useful for educational institutes where regular evaluation of students’ is required. Further it can also be useful for anyone who requires feedback based on objective type responses.
1.4. Definitions, Acronyms
The sub-section provides the definitions of all terms, acronyms, and abbreviations used in this document to understand the SRS properly.
2. Functional or Specific Requirements
Required software is for conducting on-line `objective’ type examination and providing immediate results. The system should satisfy the following requirements:
• Administrator Aspect
1. Taking backup of the database
2. Editing/Deleting/Creating the database.
3. Adding or expelling faculty
4. Changing the super password.
• Faculty Aspect
1. Logging into the system.
2. Sending invitations to specific student by mail
3. Accepting registrations of candidates
4. Adding the candidate to a group
5. Create/Edit/Delete candidate groups
6. Creating a test
7. Posting questions in the above test
8. Posting multiple options to respective question
9. Marking correct answer within the given options
10. Specifying to allow user defined answer
11. Time limit of the test if any.
12. Whether to randomize the questions
13. Whether to randomize the options displayed
14. To allow the test to be taken in practice mode where the correct answer is shown immediately after the candidate selects an option.
15. Set negative marks for wrong responses
• Student Aspect:
1. Requesting registration
2. Logging into the system.
3. Edit user information.
4. Selecting the test.
5. Selecting whether the test to be taken in practice mode where the correct answer is shown immediately after the candidate selects an option.
6. Appearing for the examination.
7. Printing the result at the end of the examination.
8. Reviewing the given responses.
9. Changing password.
10. Resetting of forgotten password
1. Authenticating users based on username and password
2. Keeping session track of user activity
3. Recording candidates’ responses to every question
4. Checking whether the given response is correct or not
5. Keeping history of test reports of all users
1. The reports are required to be mailed to the candidates on the registered mail address.
2. Temporary password will be mailed to the user incase the user forgets the password.
3. Invitations for the appearance for the new test will be mailed.
2.1. External Interface Requirements
2.1.1. Hardware Interfaces
Server side hardware
• Hardware recommended by all the software needed.
• Communication hardware to serve client requests
Client side hardware
• Hardware recommended by respective client’s operating system and web browser.
• Communication hardware to communicate the server.
2.1.2. Software Interface
Server side software
• Web server software, Apache Tomcat
• Server side scripting tools: PHP
• Database tools: Sedna native XML DBMS.
• Compatible operating system: Linux
Client side software
2.1.3. Third Party Software Interfaces
2.1.4. Communication Protocol
Following protocols are required to be permitted on the server side
• HTTP incoming request
• HTTPS incoming request if secure gateway is implemented
Following protocols are required to be permitted on the client side
• HTTP outgoing request
• HTTPS outgoing request if secure gateway is implemented
2.1.5. Assumption and Dependency
1. Username are valid email addresses of respective user
2. Administrator has the authority to add/delete faculty level accounts.
3. Faculty have the authority to approve/expel student
4. Faculty have the authority to change student’s group
2.2. Non-Functional Requirements
• System should be able handle multiple users
• Database updating should follow transaction processing to avoid data inconsistency.
2.3. Software System Attributes
2.3.1. Browser Compatibility
The project being web based required compatibility with at least the popular web browsers. Microsoft Windows XP and above, Linux and Macintosh being the current popular operating system and Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari and Google Chrome being the currently popular web browsers.
2.3.2. Globalization Support
The questionnaires and their respective options provided by the faculty may or may not be in English. Hence the questions and their options must be in Unicode format that will accept any Unicode character.
188.8.131.52. List of Locale
The system will mostly be in US English, although the questions and their options may not be in US English. Hence the questions and their options are to be in Unicode format.
WHERE IS SOURCE CODE ? :o
We are living in an era of rapid technology change. The development of technology is amazing these days. We are also aware that almost everything is computerized now a days as moving forward into paperless environment .This will help people very much to get things done without any hassle .This system is about developing an application that is” ONLINE EXAMINATION SYSTEM”
This project report revolves around the conceptual and implementation aspects of web application known as ONLINE EXAMINATION. It covers web application development, over Transmission Control Protocol and Client-Server architecture.
The project describes client side processing and server side processing of web pages on two computers or on the same local host by examining:
• Application-layer concepts
• HTML: basic web designing language
• Client-Server architecture
• J Client side scripting
• PHP: server side scripting
• MYSQL: Database management
At the core of web application development is writing code that run on different end system (or on the same host) and communicate with each other over the network.
For example, in the web application there are two distinct programs that communicate with each other: the browser running in user’s host; and the Web server program running in the Web server host.
Thus, when developing our new application, we need to write software that run on multiple machines.
In the end we believe that this project has its share important in the institute records.
3.OUR EXPERIENCE DURING THE PROJECT
The project’s scope was mainly centred on web application on ”Online Examination” that takes online objective exam in an efficient manner.
The objective of the project was to provide high performance dynamic web pages and reliable data processing.
The study of the whole project required a lot of time and effort. With the entire activities to be covered, time was one of the constraints that we had to face.
The project involves a lot of data, which had to be analyzed and worked upon. The project relies mainly on network configuration and the type of requests send from client to server and responses from server to client.
The project has been very much of a learning experience to be. We have been exposed to realistic situations. These situations can be handled only with experience. No book can provide a realistic learning environment as everything arises out of human mind, which is unpredictable.
plz give me the code at cooldivya24[at]gmail.com
can you pls tell me - how to download the attachment form this site..
please send me one thesis of online examination system project