i want more information about this topic
Embedded System - Intro
The name gives the meaning -> Togetherness. This
embedded system consists of two parts namely Hardware +
Software. The hardware is the microprocessor and the
memory is the sof tware part.
Where ever a system consist these both, then it
becomes embedded system.
This is also known as “Inbuilt Intelligence”
The memory part of the embedded system holds the
operations / procedures that are to be executed. All these
instructions can be altered any time using appropriate
sof tware and can be written the system and perform the
As the memory in integrated with the processor, the
space becomes more compact, high speed, realiblty,
The most peculiar note is, the failure percentage in
embedded system is 1%.
Evolution Of Embedded System
Sachin G. Bhise
Year: III Year, IT
Roll No 08512
In today's world, embedded system are everywhere - homes, offices , cars, factories ,hospitals, plans and consumer electronics.
The heart and brain of all the appliances equipment, and device that we use in our daily life are encompassed with Electronic chips, Embedded processor and Embedded software.
• In today's world, embedded system are everywhere - homes, offices , cars, factories ,hospitals, plans and consumer electronics.
• The heart and brain of all the appliances equipment, and device that we use in our daily life are encompassed with Electronic chips, Embedded processor and Embedded software.
Embedded System :
An embedded system is a computer system designed to perform one or few dedicated functions often real-time computing constraints.
What is Embedded system ?
An embedded system is various type of computer system or computing device that perform dedicated function and/or is designed or use with a specific embedded software application.
Characteristics of Embedded System:
• Embedded systems are design to do some specific task, rather than be a general_ purpose computer for multiple tasks.
• Embedded systems not standalone devices. many embedded systems consist of small, computerized parts
within a larger device that serve a more general_ purpose.
• The program instructions
• Embedded Systems talk with the outside world via peripherals, such as:
• Tools :
• As for other software, embedded system designers use compilers, assemblers, and debuggers to develop embedded system software.
• Embedded Software:
• Limited resources characterize embedded software like time (real-time behavior), power ,memory , and bandwidth.
• Embedded software also needs to achieve a level of quality far higher than that demanded from most other software.
Variety of Embedded System :
Embedded system span all aspects of modern life and there are many examples of their use.
Embedded debugging may be performed at different levels, depending on the facilities
1.Interactive resident debugging
Embedded OS :
An embedded operating system is the software program that manage the all other program.
Embedded system often reside in machines that are expected to run continuously for years without errors, and in some cases recover themselves if an error occurs.
Specific reliability issues may include :
1. The system cannot be shut down for repair, or it is too inaccessible to repair.
2. The system must be kept running safety reasons.
3. The system will lose large amounts of money when shut down
In this way we have studied embedded software, function of embedded system, design of embedded system.